Saturday 25 May 2013

EMBELLISHED BY FRIENDS .....

 The sun shone down on us today so I took my cloth outside to work on.
 This lovely lacy handle started off as a hole in the corner of my scrim cloth.
 All the little bits of fabric, buttons and embellishments friends have sent me mean that my cloth has now become one of great meaning to me.
 
An old fabric brooch gave me this pleated piece of satin.  The glass button came from a local haberdashery shop for 40p.
I just love the fluidity of the piece, its fragility and its robustness. It can be left screwed up and it doesnt object.  Its at its best though when hanging by its lacy handle on display on my studio wall. You cant walk past it though without having to touch it.
 I want to trail it round with me like a child does a comfort blanket.

16 comments:

  1. i reached out and touched the screen. i would want to carry it around with me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Karen says "you couldn't buy this in a shop" haha

      Delete
  2. Lynn, you are killing me!! I adore your "cloth."
    Colette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, just switched over from your other blog I think your stitch work is great, very inspiring! I love the vintage feel of your piece. Eilidh :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Eilidh I'm so glad you like it

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynn, your piece is just gorgeous! I too would want to carry it around. There is so much to discover in this piece of artwork. Your work is just beautiful and I cannot wait to see the next piece you work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy I've been busy writing down ideas this morning

      Delete
  5. Lynn your scrim and your embroideries are so wonderful and beautifully made, I wish I could see them and touch them.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the memories and meaning you are adding to this beautiful cloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how it's evolved into something so special

      Delete
  7. Ooh I've just found your new blog - what a delight it's been wandering through your wonderful creations! I shall love popping over here regularly to see what your latest projects are. This current piece is so beautiful - I bet it looks stunning on your studio wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words mean such a lot Diana thank you so much.

      Delete
  8. Hi Lynn, how lovely to have something that reminds you of all your friends that have added their embellishments and cloths onto it. A lovely keepsake. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be even more embellishment when it goes on tour

      Delete